Monday, October 5, 2009

A little something for your ears

Listening to music is one of my favorite things to do.
And I LOVE to discover bands/singers/whatever.
Sometimes I like to go on the iTunes store and get the free single of the week.
Cause, hey, if I don't like it then at least it was free.
And I'm not out that dollar it would have cost me.

So, anyways, I like music. A lot of music. And now I would like to share with you who I have been lovin on lately.

1) Paramore
Um, hi, you are amazing.
I love a good rock band with a girl involved.
And Hayley Williams is all kinds of awesome and cute.
Their drummer is fantastic.
Normally, I don't really pay that much attention to the drummers, but that is really hard to do with Paramore.
Cause he wins at life.
I bought their new CD the other day.
Awesome.
Listen to: That's What You Get, Misery Business, crushcrushcrush

2) Kings of Leon
I just started listening to them.
I had heard of them for a while, then heard their greatness on the MTV Movie Awards, and decided to check them out.
I'm glad I did.
Every time I hear Spiral Staircase I want to jump around dancing.
Listen to: Sex on Fire, California Waiting, Spiral Staircase

3) The Black Keys
Alright, I'm not gonna lie to you with how I discovered these guys.
I found Rob Pattinson's playlist he made for iTunes, and these guys were on there.
So I looked them up on Myspace, and now I'm in love.
Their song Strange Times was on The Vampire Diaries a couple weeks ago and I freaked out a little.
Listen to: The Lengths (this was the one was the one on Rob's list), I Got Mine, Strange Times

4) Sam Bradley
This guy is a friend of Rob's.
You like how I mentioned him there like he was my best friend or something??
Anyways, back to Sam Bradley.
He co-wrote the song Never Think that Rob sings in Twilight.
Plus, he has a lot more songs that are fantastic.
Look him up on Myspace.
Listen to: She Moves Me, Too Far Gone, That's How Strong My Love Is

5) Laura Marling
I love this girl's voice.
She has that folksy, acoustic thing going for her that I like.
Listen to: Love Me Then Leave Me, It's Only My Opinion, Ghosts That Broke My Heart

6) Patty Griffin
She's like Laura Marling, in that she has that folksy thing going for her that I am starting to love.
Really awesome.
Listen to: Burgundy Shoes, Let Him Fly, Rain

7) Iron and Wine
I heard Flightless Bird, American Mouth on the Twilight soundtrack and that's all it took for me to look up more Iron and Wine.
Greatness.
Listen to: Boy With a Coin; Naked As We Came; Flightless Bird, American Mouth

8) Van Morrison
I have just rediscovered my love for him.
I think it was when I looked at Rob's playlist, cause Van is on there a couple times I think.
Brown Eyed Girl is on of my mom's favorite songs.
She says it reminds her of my sister, cause she has brown eyes (obviously..).
I wonder what song reminds my momma of me....
Listen to: Crazy Love, Sweet Thing, Tupelo Honey


So there you go.
I just mentioned 8 of my favorite musical artists.
And supplied you with, what, 24 songs.
That would make a super cool playlist.

Peace.

No comments: