Saturday, October 24, 2009

You play American football??

(If you can name where the post title is from, you get a high five.)

So, I wanna start this new thing.
I love watching football.
On the professional level, I don't really have a team.
And I don't really pay attention to what teams are good and which are bad (ahem...the chiefs..)
But I want to start predicting who will win the games each week.
But I will do it my own way.

At my mom's work, sometimes she gets in on the football pot.
And while all the men pick based on actual stats and stuff, my mom picks her teams based on their colors and the uniforms.
She would pick the team with the manliest colors or the one with the better uniform.
I actually think she won a couple of times.

I, however, will pick based on the quarterback.
Which ever quarterback I like better is the team I will pick.
I know I'm kinda starting this in mid-season, but oh well.
It will still be fun.
So here we go:
(note: I just went to nfl.com for the first time ever..)

Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers) vs Cleveland (Derek Anderson): Green Bay (Rodgers is my momma's maiden name..)
San Diego (Philip Rivers) vs Kansas City (Matt Cassel): Chiefs (come on KC...I'm countin on ya to win two weeks in a row)
Indianapolis (Peyton Manning) vs St Louis (Marc Bulger): Indianapolis
New England (Tom Brady) vs Tampa Bay (Byron Leftwich): New England (Taylor would kill me if I picked other wise....)
Minnesota (Brett Favre) vs Pittsburgh (Ben Roethlisberger): Pittsburgh (He has a cooler name..)
San Fransisco (Shaun Hill) vs Houston (Matt Schaub): Houston
Buffalo (Trent Edwards) vs Carolina (Jake Delhomme): Buffalo
New York Jets (Mark Sanchez) vs Oakland (JaMarcus Russell): New York Jets
Chicago (Jay Cutler) vs Cincinnati (Carson Palmer): Cincinnati
Atlanta (Matt Ryan) vs Dallas (Tony Romo): Dallas
New Orleans (Drew Brees) vs Miami (Chad Pennington): New Orleans
Arizona (Kurt Warner) vs New York Giants (Eli Manning): Arizona
Philadelphia (Kevin Kolb) vs Washington (Jason Campbell): Washington

No comments: