Saturday, January 23, 2010

MTV.

MTV kind of went downhill.
Remember TRL?
Yeah, me too.
I remember coming home after school and watching it to see if the latest Backstreet Boys song made the number one video of the day.
And now MTV, Music Television, is no longer playing any music.
But, they do have quite the range of scripted shows.
Is Next still on?
Or Parental Control?

Well, as I was flipping through the channels the other night, I found this new show on MTV that made me actually watch the channel that I hadn't watched in a long time.
It's called The Buried Life.
And I love the idea of the show.
These four boys are going across the US and completing things on their Life Lists.
And for everything they do on their list, they help someone else complete something on theirs.
The episode I watched the other day happened to be the Pilot episode.
But the thing they wanted to do was attend a party at the Playboy mansion.
Two of the boys dressed up like Oompa Loompas (don't ask questions...) and hid in a large cake that they actually got into the mansion by saying that it was a prop for the party.
The other two tried to get in by acting like some celebrity. They however did not get in.
After the Oompa Loompa dudes came out of the cake, they totally partied and nobody even noticed.
To help someone else, the boys raised money and bought a new computer for a school.

After seeing the first episode of this show, I might actually watch MTV again.
I think this is a really cool idea.
Lots of people, myself included, make life lists.
But how many people actually go out and do anything to achieve those goals?
The fact that these boys are making sure to achieve their goals and help others achieve their goals as well is really sweet.

Way to go MTV.

No comments: