Wednesday, January 6, 2010

(insert catchy title here)

This post is about two different things.
Sorry for the randomness.
Although, I enjoy it a lot.



Sooooo, I finished Catching Fire.
It only took me 2 days.
Now I have to wait until August (I believe..) for the next and final book.
I've never had to wait for the next book of a series before.
I waited to read Harry Potter until they were all out.
And when I finally gave in and read Twilight, they were all out too.
So this is a new experience for me.
Can't say I like it.

Anyways, I "officially" added Peeta Mellark to my list of fictional boyfriends.
I am in love.
And then I realized who I was picturing as Peeta Mellark.
This cat:
But with blond hair.
Cause Peeta has blond hair.
And if you didn't know, this is Paul Wesley.
Who plays Stefan Salvatore, another one of my fictional boyfriends.

I also wanted to note that I have made 2 Harry Potter references when reading these books.
1) When it comes down to it and either Harry or Voldemort has to kill each other.
"Neither can life while the other survives".
Totally thought that the entire time I read.

2) How Harry and Cedric feel about the Triwizard Tournament is like how some tributes feel about the Hunger Games.
Because, some of the tributes have been preparing for this and see it as an honor, while others see it as a death sentence.
Like how Cedric finds it an honor to be a Triwizard champion, but Harry is not so much.

_______________________________________________________

Next order of business:
I made Taylor's nephew a Harry Potter shirt for Christmas.
At his grandma's, they all draw names.
And since I've been around forevers, I get to get in on the action.
Every year I pray for a child, cause they are fun and easy to buy for.
And every year, I pretty much get one.
This year, I got his nephew.
Now, Taylor is just now getting into Harry Potter. The rest of the family, not so much.
I took it upon myself to introduce his one year old nephew to HP greatness.
By making him this:


The parents thought it was cute.
Success.

No comments: