Monday, November 9, 2009

One of my favorite people.

Ellen Degeneres
I try my hardest to watch her show everyday.
And I learned yesterday that Kellen Lutz is going to be on on the 18th.
So it's Kellen on the 18th and Rob on the 20th.
Greatest couple of days in my life.

Anywhoosits, I watched her on Oprah today, and I love her.
She said something that I totally agree with and try to do everyday.
They were talking about how Ellen was scaring a lot of people on her show during Halloween week.
Seriously, did you see her scare Taylor Swift?
Funniest thing ever.

Anyways, she said that she found it important to try and stay childlike and play.
That people stop playing when they get older, but they shouldn't.

I totally, 100% agree with this.
Life is too short to not have fun and play.
I feel that's how I am now.
I like to act like a child, laugh, and have a grand ole time.
I try to not take things too seriously when they don't need to be.
I try my hardest to find the happy and positive things in situations.
And I think that is important.

Ellen also got me interested in making a "life list".
You know, a list of things you want to do before you die.
In my health class a couple of semesters ago, we actually had to write and turn one in.
I had seriously thought of this list beforehand, so that wasn't a hard assignment.
Here's my list of 21 things:

1) Visit France. This has actually branched out to just visit Europe, especially England.
2) Go to the Ellen show (yep, there you go!)
3) Tour a movie set
4) Create my own cartoon
5) Visit every Disney theme park. So far I have just been to DisneyWorld a couple of times.
6) Write a children's book
7) Go skydiving
8) Go to the Olympic games
9) Have artwork in a museum
10) Start and finish the same book in one day. I tried this over the summer. Almost, but not quite.
11) Learn to play guitar
12) Meet someone famous
13) Learn piano
14) Learn to write left handed
15) Visit all 50 states
16) Be on a game show
17) Go to a Broadway play
18) Learn French. I pretty much have that. I'm not fluent by all means, but I can say some things..
19) Design a set for a TV show or movie
20) Go on a cruise
21) Own an old truck

There you have it.
Thank you Ellen for inspiring me.
And now I tell you all this:
Go and be silly.
Scare the bajeesas out of people when they are going into the bathroom.
Color. Watch cartoons. Built fantastic forts.
Do funny walks to your car in the parking lot.
Dance and sing like crazy.
You only have one life to live.
Make it a good time.

No comments: