Thursday, February 4, 2010

What I did today.

This morning I was walking to class when I saw the Red Cross van parked outside the Student Union.
That could only mean one thing...the blood drive was today.
I've donated blood a couple of times in the past, 2 of those 3 times resulting in bad events.
Once I almost passed out and once they couldn't get the blood to flow fast enough.
But, it had been a while so I thought about donating again today.

After thinking about it all afternoon, I finally mustered up the courage to go.
Today was the best experience I have had while donating.
Apparently I had exceptional iron levels. At least that's what the dude told me.
Must be all the Flintstone's vitamins and semi-healthy foods I've been eating here lately...

Anyways, after they were finished with all the before stuff, I went to the little bed/table thing where you donate.
They tried in my left arm first, since I'm right handed and all, but the blood wasn't flowing fast enough. This happened once before, remember.
So they moved on to my right arm and got it flowing.

Here's the kicker...I hate needles.
HATE them.
And usually when I donate, I get dizzy and all.
But today....nothing.
I was shocked.
And then I realized that I have been drinking more water and had actually eaten breakfast this morning, so I was fully hydrated and had a good amount of food in me.
Didn't hurt though that the dude taking care of me was nice to look at. And wore nice Ray Ban brand glasses.
Kinda like another dude who wears Ray Bans. Who is also nice to look at.

So anyways, after two needle pricks and some time, I donated my bloods.
And I feel so good about myself for it.

Also, today I bought more fabrics. Just for fun. From the $1.50 pile at WalMarks. I have fun ideas for pillows that will be made with this cheap fabric.

No comments: