Monday, October 4, 2010

Plaid.

I went shopping today. And by "shopping", I mean I just wandered around stores awkwardly and looked at the stuff.
And bought nothing.
But, I happened across a load of plaid shirts. And that is where this story begins.

Now, I love me some plaid. I have for a long time.
Little Whitney sporting a nice plaid romper.

Way before these 2 made this little trend big.
Instigators of this plaid fad.

Now, for some reason I find it really hard to believe that these 2 buy their plaid new. I'm pretty sure they thrift store it up or bring out the shirts from their dad's closet (yes, KStewie too..).
However, you can purchase plaid flannel at big name stores. Let me just show you here.



Ladies, you see this shirt. It can be yours for $24.89. It was marked down from $39.50
Head on over to the Hollister website for more.

Now, the fellas have their options too.

This little number looks kinda like Robbie's up there. You can own it for $22.90 from your local Forever 21.


Now, see this:
Holla! KStew Halloween costume

8 bucks at the local thrift store.


Point to this story: Why are people buying shirts for $30 when they can dig through their parent's closets (trust me, I have..) and find them for free or hit up thrifty stores and buy them for cheap?

Am I right??
"Right you are, Whitney."

Thanks Al.

Thanks Hollister and Forever 21 websites for contributing pictures.

No comments: