Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's just like, it's just like a mini mall.

I took my first official pictures for my photography class today.
We had taken a practice roll of film already, but today I actually got to go out and take pictures for real.
It is still a little weird. I'm used to being able to actually see the picture when I get done with it, and you can't really do that with a
35 mm.
And I'm used to having pictures in color, and that doesn't happen when you are using black and white film, obviously.

We had to pick a theme for what we want to take pictures of for the rest of the semester.
I'm reeeeeealy excited about what I am doing.
This summer I found my love for thrift and antique stores.
They hold the best and most random things.
So for my photography class, I'm going to go to antique/thrift stores and take pictures of what I find.
My biggest challenge is going to be not wanting to buy something when I go.
The place I went this morning was cheep and they had a ton of stuff I wanted.
I held myself back and just bought this:
Isn't he cute?
I am in love.

I'll put my pictures up when I develop them and all.
Hopefully they turned out cool.

I feel the need to explain the title of this post.
There is a thrift store here with the words "mini mall" in the name.
I can't remember the whole thing at the time...
Anyways, watch this video.
You'll understand.

No comments: