Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kind of a funny story.

I hope people google that movie title and end up here. Ha!

Anyways, on to the story.

When I moved to the city, I brought what I thought was my sewing machine. As in, I picked up my sewing machine case, felt that something was in it, assumed it was my machine, and went with it. When I went to actually use my machine, I found this.

Photobucket

This is not my machine. It is my mom's. And while I would totally be ok with using Mom's sewing machine, as you can tell from the photo, there is no sewing foot.

You see, I used this machine for my art projects my last semester because it worked better with the technique I was using than my newer computer. And when I was sewing on it I had to use a different foot. And now I don't remember where I put the normal one. Whoooops.

So, after work the other day I went and talked to the sewing machine people to see about getting a new foot so that I could actually sew the pillows I have fabric for. And then this convo went down:

Me: I have a really old Singer machine and I need a new foot for it.
Dude: How old is the machine?
Me: Well, I'm 23. And I'm pretty sure it's older than me.
Dude: .......Ooooook!

But seriously, this machine is older than me. And works just fine. As long as I can get a foot.

Turns out he didn't have any feet in stock for it, so I would have to order. But, apparently I can just remove a part from my machine, attach it to this one, and then use the feet from my new machine.

That would be a lot useful if I had my sewing machine with me. But then I would probably just use it instead. So now I still can't sew those throw pillows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just came across your blog :) its sooo cue! you have some really good insight on your posts! xoxo cant wait to read more of what you write!