Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mega Extreme Spoons.

Sometimes I start to write a blog post and then just save it as a draft, thinking that I will come back and take another look at it before posting it. And sometimes I forget about those posts and they never get posted. As I was looking for something to write about tonight, I decided to look back on my past posts and those that somehow managed to just be drafted. This is one of those. Please enjoy from a time when I was thinking on little sleep, lots of stress, and apparently fumes from sculpture class.

__________________________________________________________________

I was sitting outside on the patio things by the sculpture studio working on my project when the greatest idea I have ever had came to me. As I sit there, sealing my sculpture with this sealant that had a lot of fumes, I see people on the quad running a muck and getting all muddy. And that is when it hits me.

We've all played Spoons. Or, if you are Kaitlin, you haven't. (If you haven't, look up the rules.) Regular spoons. With them placed directly in front of you for easy reach.

Then, if you want to up the difficulty (and chance of breaking a bone), you play Extreme Spoons. Same regular spoons. But this time, they are located in a different room of the house. Now you have to race to get your spoon (and maybe trip over a few people/things in the process..).

And now, I introduce Mega Extreme Spoons. Here's the concept: On campus here, we play the card game outside on the quad (the large open, grassy area in the middle of campus). The spoons, however, are located in a pre-determined building. Now you have to sprint across campus. Dodging people on their bikes. Trying to not trip over that one loose brick in the sidewalk. And finally reach the door to the building that holds what you want most: that nice, semi-shiny, hopefully clean spoon.

I'm a friggin genius.

1 comment:

samalia said...

whyyyyy did i not go to your college? i wanna play mega extreme spoons. i'm thinking spoons is gonna be on the table for the next family game night